I offer a range of social media services at all levels, whether it’s helping companies and brands develop an online presence or creating compelling content that gets shared. I help small businesses, artists, independent contractors, and others brand themselves to stand out in their fields.
My popular personal email newsletter chronicles what I’ve been writing for the internet, as well as what I’ve been reading and enjoying in pop culture. Subscribe here.
My account is not just an RSS feed for my own work. I use Twitter to interact with other writers and potential sources, and to get feedback or thoughts from followers. I’m especially interested in tweeting about:
- Local Portland news and events
- New music releases
- Roller derby
- Freelance writers and writing
- Pop culture
I began managing the social media accounts of the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (@AAMAinfo) in April 2014. Since then:
- AAMA’s number of Twitter followers has more than doubled
- The account’s number of interactions has increased significantly
- I seek out and reward our member companies who are active on social media and encourage those who aren’t to become involved
The Facebook page I created for 60625, a hyperlocal news site, has more than 1,000 Facebook fans.
- Conducted targeted Facebook ad campaign, nearly doubling the number of followers on the Addison Recorder Facebook fan page
- Created the Addison Recorded, the official podcast of the site
- Co-hosted season one of the podcast and led its rollout campaign on social media
- Led the site’s re-design in February 2015
- Used TinyLetter to create a weekly e-news digest of the site’s top stories
- Document off-site trade shows and conferences
- Show in-office “slices of life,” like celebrations
- Other creative and fun photo-worthy opportunities
This account shows the fun side of AAMA, and includes a regular feature called #MeetUsMonday. This segment introduces followers to a new AAMA staff member every Monday.